Danish Salami Sliders with Green Tabasco Aioli
Sliders are so fun to eat and great for lots of occasions. This slider recipe has a wicked green tabasco aioli but you may want to go for plain aioli if you’re serving this to little ones.
Yield: Makes 8
- 8 Slider buns
- 1 Pack Prasuma Salami
- 8 Slices eggplant
- 8 Slices red onion
- 8 slices tomato
- Mustard cred or frisee lettuce
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- 8 Jalapenos
- 8 Toothpick flags for the top
- Green Tabasco Aioli
- 100g homemade or shop bought aioli
- 1-2 tbsp green tabasco (or more if you like)
- To make the green tabasco aioli, place the aioli into a bowl and add the green tabasco, taste and add more if needed.
- Brush the eggplant slices with olive oil and fry in a large fry pan [or on a bbq] over medium heat, add more olive oil to the pan if needed. Turn them a few times until golden all over and softened, set aside on absorbent paper. Repeat this process with the red onion slices.
- Cut the slider buns in half. Wipe out your fry pan and gently toast the cut sides of the buns.
- To assemble start by spreading both the top and the bottom of the buns with green tabasco aioli. Add frisee lettuce to the bottom half then the eggplant, tomato, red onion, 2 slices of Danish salami and a little more frisee. Finish by placing on the slider top and securing a jalapeno to it with a large toothpick.