Pepperoni Potato Hash
Another version of a great potato hash cake for you. It’s so simple and an easy way to sneak in some vegetables if the kids are fussy!
- 1.2kg mashed potato warmed
- 2 packs Prasuma Pepperoni sliced into strips
- 1 courgette grated
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 2 eggs beaten lightly
- 4-6 eggs to serve
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Cooking oil
- Into a large bowl place the warm mashed potato, 1 packet of the sliced pepperoni [reserve the rest for garnish later], courgette, parsley, chives, parmesan, beaten eggs and 1 of the chopped spring onions [reserve the other for garnish]. Season well and mix thoroughly.
- In a large fry pan over medium heat add a little oil and gently fry the remaining pepperoni for 2-3 mins until crisp. Remove onto a plate and set aside somewhere warm.
- Add a little more cooking oil and a knob of butter to the fry pan and divide the hash mixture into 4-6 servings. Fry them gently for several minutes on each side and then place onto individual plates. Serve with a fried egg and a generous sprinkling of crispy pepperoni and spring onions to garnish.