Spicy Guacamole with Bacon
Fresh jalapeño teamed with a hint of cayenne powder sprinkled on the bacon while it bakes really bring this guac to life. Pair this with your favourite bag of chips for the perfect snack!
MAKES ABOUT 2 CUPS | TOTAL TIME: LESS THAN 60 MINS
Yield: Serves 2-4
- 4 slices Prasuma Streaky Bacon
- 3 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and chopped
- Cayenne powder
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander, plus more for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the bacon on a small baking sheet and sprinkle it with cayenne powder. Bake until it’s crisp, flipping at the halfway mark, 15–18 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a tissue paper–lined plate to drain. Once cool, finely chop the bacon.
- Combine the avocados with the lime juice and salt to taste. Mash it all together with a fork. Stir in the jalapeño, coriander, and half of the bacon.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings as you desire. Scatter the remaining bacon over the guacamole and garnish with some chopped coriander. Serve the guacamole at once with any chips that you like.