Potato, Egg and Dutch Salami Salad
The Dutch salami pairs wonderfully with potato and egg, great for breakfast, lunch or dinner and the mustard dressing is so delicious on this salad its worth making extra just in case!
Yield: Serves 4 – 6
1kg new potatoes or gourmets
8 slices Prasuma Salami cut into strips
6 hard boiled eggs – peeled and quartered
6 stalks of celery leaves picked and washed
1 frisee lettuce – leaves separated
½ red onion finely diced
1 bunch chives roughly chopped
1 bunch Italian parsley roughly chopped
75g pecorino cheese – shaved
¼ cup Dijon mustard
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 garlic clove finely diced
1/3 cup olive oil
*Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Boil the potatoes till just tender, drain and once they are cool enough slice in half.
- Finely dice 1 stalk of celery.
- To make the mustard dressing place the Dijon, red wine vinegar, brown sugar and garlic into a bowl and whisk together. Slowly add the olive oil whisking until its emulsified, season well and set aside.
- In a large bowl place the potatoes, Dutch salami, frisee lettuce, red onion, celery, celery leaves, chives and parsley. Add 3-4 spoonfuls of mustard dressing and season well. Toss gently together and spread onto a large serving platter.
- Decorate the salad with hard boiled eggs, pecorino and more chopped parsley if you have it. Drizzle a little more mustard dressing over the salad and pour the rest into a jug to have on the side.
- Smoked sea salt is delicious in this salad instead of standard sea salt if you have it on hand.