Pork – Coorgi Pork Curry
- 1 pkt of Prasuma pork cubes – 500 gm
- 1.5 medium sized onion, sliced
- curry leaves for tempering
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp tamarind (puli)
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- Whole spices
- Cumin Seeds
- Whole Pepper
- 4 pcs of clove
- 2 inch cinnamon stick
- Clean and drain the pork pieces.
- Heat the whole spices and grind it into a powder.
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute the sliced onion, and curry leaves. Saute it until the onion softens and turns light brown.
- Add in the ginger-garlic paste and cook until the raw smell goes away.
- Add salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and the masala powder. Saute it well.
- Mix the tamarind with water to make a paste.
- Add tamarind paste to the pan.
- Transfer the gravy to a pressure cooker. Add in the pork cubes and water. Pressure cook it for upto 1-2 whistles.
- Add vinegar. Adjust the seasoning.
- Enjoy this delicious Pork curry.